With a first shaft dug in 1850 to extract coal, the Hasard colliery closed down for the first time in 1877 following an accident. Re-opened 30 years later, it will exploit the coal until 1977.
After the closure, the shafts were filled in and concrete slabs were poured. The site was then bought at a low price by a Flemish scrap merchant, Armand Lowie, who dismantled the site, including the tower of shaft n°2. In 2013, SPI will buy back the site, with a rehabilitation project. The beginning of the works is planned for 2015
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)